Chinese dirt bikes are making a name for themselves nowadays. There are plenty of reasons why parents of young children and teenagers prefer them. One such popular Chinese brand is Apollo; they have a wide range of dirt bikes available for customers to pick from.
The Apollo 70cc dirt bike is one of the options you are going to get when you look for these handy dandy Chinese bikes. You will get detailed information about the dirt bike, get to know all of its features as well as the pros and cons associated with the Apollo 70cc bike from this review.
Apollo 70cc Dirt Bike Review
With a 4 stroke engine which is also gas-powered, you will be able to reach a maximum speed of 35mph. For a dirt bike made for children, that is a very good speed to go at. The bike is also fully automated, with an electric start. However, if you want, you can opt for a semi-automated one which has a kick start.
You will be happy to know that the bike comes in three different colors; blue, red, and green. So you have more options to select from. Apart from all of that, they have an excellent home delivery service, which means that the bike will be delivered to you in a crate. Thus, there is a very slim chance of damage upon delivery.
- Brand Name: Apollo
- Dimensions in Inches: 57.48″ X 20.47″ X 32.68″
- Runs on: Gasoline
- Cylinder Capacity: 70cc
- Appropriate for: 9-15-year-olds
- Horsepower: 6.1
- Colour: Blue, Green, and Red
- Capacity: 138 pounds
There are numerous aspects we see in this bike that are not present in many of the others, which are targeted towards the same age group. They are somewhat different in various ways. Here is a little breakdown of some of the bike’s key features.
1. 70cc Engine
The engine is most definitely the most important part of any vehicle; without which you will not be able to make use of the means of transport. And the cylinder capacity of the engine also signifies the weight; so the higher the cc of the bike you buy, the heavier it is likely of being.
A lower cc means that you’re going to be using lesser fuel to run the bike; making the whole experience more affordable for you, as you will not have to consider or worry about the gas bills piling up on you.
As a parent, it is very common and obvious for you to be worried about your child’s safety and security. And it is also expected that it will hold true when it comes to riding a bike. To ensure safety, Apollo designed two brakes into the bike. One in the front and the other at the back.
The journey made using the bike will be significantly less risky. Also, in any case, they do have to brake quickly, and there is very less chance of the kids losing balance and stability.
3. Fully Automated
One of the essential features of this dirt bike is automation. Even though you can get a version of it which is semi-automated, you will still be able to enjoy the benefits of the automation.
This is a major plus point as children do not tend to have much experience with bikes, so they do not have any of the skills required to ride a manual one. An automated start will help them start things up without having to worry about losing balance and therefore, your footing, which can help prevent many accidents.
THINGS I LIKED ABOUT IT
- An affordable option
- Kids do not need too much experience to ride this
- A safe option for kids
- Reaches a speed of 35mph
- Does not need to be charged
THINGS I DIDN’T LIKE
- Tier tubing can be improved
As you can see from all the points made above, the Apollo dirt bike with a 70cc engine has many functional aspects and reasons for which people, mostly parents, want to buy it for their children. There are not many which will be able to facilitate as many as your needs as this one.
However, there are a few things they could have worked on. The first thing is the tier tubing. Though that isn’t as big of an issue.
Another problem this bike has is that it comes 80% assembled, and the rest of the 20% has to be done by you, which is a bit of a hassle, to be honest. The buyers might not have much idea about the assembly and might not be able to complete it properly.
Why Your Child Should Use Apollo 70cc Dirt Bike?
Well, by now you know that there are many useful features of the bike. The safety measures are taken by the company to make sure your child does not come in harm’s way because the bike is admirable. The braking system is truly one of the best you will find.
Your child will also positively be happy with the design of the bike, and let’s not forget they will get the opportunity to choose the color they want for their bike. That is not an option available for most of the other ones.
If you liked this review, you’ll also be interested in:
You have all the information needed to decide whether this bike is the right choice for your child. You know all the advantages and disadvantages, so you will be able to weight it all and come to a conclusion.